the stages of hair growth after transplantation
Did you decide to do a hair transplant? One wonders, when will hair grow after the transplant? What are the stages of hair growth after planting? What advice should you follow after performing this operation? Does hair transplantation have side effects? In the coming paragraphs, you shall find discover these answers
It is a surgery that begins to remove some hair follicles that are genetically resistant to hair, such as the back of the head, from a part of the body called the donor, to implant it in the place of baldness, which is known as the recipient.
This procedure can be used to restore beard hair, eyelashes, chest hair, eyebrows, and fill scars caused by cuts or accidents …
Hair growth stages after planting
Before and after the operation, we must consider the proper nutrition, as it is one of the factors that grow the hair follicles well, as it works to quickly regenerate the hair cells properly.
The effects of the process begin to disappear during the first week or approximately with the second. They follow the procedure after several stages. We list it during a timetable that witnesses all the details and changes until the entire hair growth:
From the first day to the fifth
Swelling occurs in the back (donor area) and forehead, with redness in areas where cracks were made for modern hair transplantation and these effects usually disappear within days.
From the sixth day to the tenth
During which there were no traces of swellings, the redness may have ended or become fading, each planted follicular unit begins to dry the attached skin plate forming a crust, you can remove it during soaking with rubbing with your fingers very gently, and with the advent of the tenth day the crust should have disappeared and the cultivated hair appears .
From the second week to the fourth
From the stages of hair growth after transplantation, when the transplanted hair begins to fall out, and by the beginning of the fourth week, most of them disappear and is a natural healing process, where the actual hair grows and normal hair begins to complete its full cycle.
The hair follicles begin to enter the resting phase, where the patient appears as if before the completion of the hair transplant process, due to the difference in the length of the resting stage before the hair begins to grow again.
From the third month to the fourth
In which new hair begins to grow, some people’s hair may begin to grow earlier than others, and then the original hair grows again and the donor (donor) area appears without any redness.
From the fifth to the sixth month
It is one of the stages of hair growth after the important transplantation, where the hair begins to grow and appear.
From the seventh to the ninth month
It is noted at this stage that a large amount of hair appears, you find that the cultivated hairs are three inches or more, with the end of that period changes in the hair tissue appear and begin to join together, and with the arrival of the ninth month, the area of the donor has completely healed.
With the passage of an entire year
The patient shows about 80% of the transplanted hair, as most of the hairs are grown from the scalp and the hair density is noticeably improved without any surgical intervention.
After a year of hair transplantation, the stages of hair growth after the transplantation are complete, and it rarely takes time for some people to increase the density and thickness of the hair.
When does hair grow after the transplant?
Hair growth varies from person to person depending on its type, and it also depends on the place the hair was drawn from, but on average the results of the operation appear during the first 6 months after the hair transplant.
Significant growth of hair follicles may occur during the first 4 months after the operation, and sometimes we find significant growth during the period 9 to 10 months after the procedure.
Full hair growth after transplantation may take approximately 12 to 18 months.
In the first stages of hair growth after transplantation, thinning is expected to occur, which is known as the flow of telogen, and it is possible that hair that is not transplanted will fall out and occur in thin, fluffy hair common in women.
it takes about a year for hair to grow after a transplant, for full growth divided into:
- During the first three weeks, 10% of the transplanted hair grows.
- After 3 months after the transplant, the hair begins to grow.
- After the 6th month, approximately 75 to 80% of the transplanted hair begins to grow.
- Between the 8th and 12th months, we can see 100% of the hair being fully grown.
Instructions after hair transplant
After completing the stages of hair growth after planting, we begin to identify some important instructions that must be observed in order to obtain the highest results, including:
- Shampooing the hair should be done two days after the transplant, as it is important to prevent the scabs from occurring around the hair shaft that leads to the loss of hair follicles.
- Within the first ten days after the hair transplant process, the transplanted hairs may begin to fall as a result of a shock due to their transfer, but between two to three months the new hair begins to grow through the transferred follicles.
- You should take vitamin B complex, for example, vitamin B12 or B7, as they all play a role in healthy hair growth, so they are recommended by doctors as soon as the hair transplant is completed.
- Eat foods that contain zinc, such as eggs, fish, shrimps, chickpeas, etc. They work to produce collagen and repair cells and tissues that help hair follicles grow.
- To complete the stages of hair growth after transplantation, care must be taken to take both vitamin E and vitamin C, both of which have anti-oxidant properties, as a lack of vitamin C causes white hair and weak follicles, while vitamin E is used to improve tissue quality and heal the skin from any scars.
- To complete the stages of hair growth after the transplant process and then the success of the process, it is necessary to take vitamin A, which causes its loss to dry the scalp, because it contains a substance similar to the fatty tissues that moisturize it and make the hair appear healthy.
Important advice for post-hair transplantation
- For three days, relax with the head elevated to a 45 degree angle to avoid swelling.
- Keep away from any alcoholic beverages for a minimum of 5 days after the procedure.
- You should put ice on the forehead for 15 minutes every 120 minutes.
- For 14 days, you should avoid dust and dirt in the air.
- Avoid contact with cultivated grafts or the donor area as no infection occurs.
- For two weeks, avoid exercise, hard work, or carrying heavy weights.
- The weak area is not exposed to the sun.
- Nutrition is an important component of hair growth stages after transplantation, so you should take vitamin A, C, E, B and zinc and iron.
Hair transplant side effects
Hair transplantation process, like any surgery, can result in some side effects, but it is rare to have a loss of fifty to a hundred hairs a day and also the appearance of bald spots, thinning hair or what is known as (shock loss), which are common and often temporary effects .